Sunday, February 22, 2015

Temperature control: Yes, it is the future of vaping.

Yesterday I got my Vapor Flask DNA 40, my Subtank, and temp sensing coils. I spent just over $400, what with 4 new VTC4s, a 5 pack of temp sensing coils, the tank, and the mod.
WORTH EVERY PENNY. (And I haven't even done a temp sensing build in my drippers yet.)
The clouds are not as large or dense, yes. But they are very respectable, and more importantly; everything I want in sensation is there, and nothing I don't want.
All the flavor of my RDA, warm without burning, smooth, no throat hit at all - nice easy draw. (In fact I run the Subtank on the 2 hole middle setting, and my RDAs wide open.) No drop in power as the battery fades. (Though it's only gone down about 10% since I first powered it on yesterday.)
The temperature protection is nice. The regulator chip reads the (very small) resistance of the cool coil when it's attached to the mod, then as the nickel wire heats it's resistance changes. The chip detects this in real time and adjusts the wattage being applied to the coil to reach that temperature and no higher. The default setting of 450 F will probably work for anyone who likes a warm vape, but the ten degree changes in temp limits can actually have both subtle and overt differences in vape quality.
We used to post a 'suggestions' thread every month and I don't think we've done it in a long time. But I will say - if you are considering vaping to get off the cigs and are williing to buy big, and buy once: get the Vapor Flask DNA 40, Kanger Subtank Mini, 2 VTC4s (or equivilent) and some nickel wire coil heads. It will run you right around $400, but you literally will not need any other hardware. 

No comments:

Post a Comment